Aeroseal duct sealing offers the latest technology for stopping air loss through leaky ducts.
Leaky ducts contribute to the loss of cool and warm conditioned air to the outside or unconditioned spaces of your home. This causes even the most energy-efficient heating and cooling systems to not perform at their best, work harder and wear out sooner. Leaks can also cause excess humidity levels that can lead to mold and other damage, and costly repairs.
Traditionally ducts are sealed with mastic (a messy caulk-like substance) or taped. This process is labor intensive, messy and materials will break down over time.
Aeroseal sealant seals the duct from the inside forming a barrier that is more effective in preventing leaks and won’t break down, over time. Aeroseal even has a 10-year warranty to back it up.
Aeroseal can reach leaks nearly impossible to reach using other methods, which results in energy savings and an improvement in air quality.
The Aeroseal 6-step process takes very little time to bring you big savings and comfort:
- Wall registers are covered in order for air to escape only through the leaks
- Sealant in injected into the ducts for approximately 1 hour
- Small aeroseal particles are kept suspended in the airflow by continuous air movement
- As the air stream makes a sharp turn to exit through a leak, the particles collide with and adhere to the leak edges
- Ducts are sealed with only 1-2 oz. of the sealant material remaining in the ducts
- A computer-generated analysis summarizing your home’s or building’s amount of leakage is generated, providing verification of success of the process